I knew it!

17

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!

Sunday 2 November 2008

Im back!

Autumn is here, Uni has started and less than 2 months till Christmas and less than 4 months till my wedding - yipppeee!
I haven't technically been away, just been busy with all of the usual September and October madness.
So what's been going on in the land of Tor?
Well, I have been massively busy reading for my degree, and I have also reignited my interest in History. I have recently been reading about the Victorian's - fascinating. A lot of the stuff I have been reading about in History really helps to make sense of the things we see around us today, like architecture, green spaces, leisure spaces and sewage systems! It is really shocking to think of how a city could possibly function without any proper drainage or waste facilities, and how the Thames used to be regarded as a stinking cess pit.

It has also been interesting in reading about the creation of the Welfare State. I have really began to form some solid opinions of how much the State should be involved in welfare provision or not! I'm not ready to declare my views just yet, but that's the interesting part about learning, deciding where you sit!

Besides studying I have also been doing some wedding preparation. I have sorted out my bridesmaids outfits - black - conventional moi? Never! stylish - yes! Flowers, bright and in your face - check, cake, ostentatious and my childhood fantasy - check, invites, homemade and stylish - check.

I have also been learning how to use my scanner. Having had it for a year and not using it once, I thought it was time I taught myself how to use it, and now I am addicted. I have been able to rescue photo's which were destined to never be seen again and I have had fun making things for my friends out of old snaps.

No comments: