I knew it!

17

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!

Thursday 7 August 2008

Autumn's coming!

I know that this is possibly a premature statement to make, as we have only just changed into August, but I can't help myself. I love the Autumn so much, that as soon as I can see it and sense it just around the corner I begin to get excited. Don't get me wrong, the summer is great and sometimes a lovely sunny day on the beach is just the ticket, but it does not have that certain 'something' that Autumn has.

I love the Autumn because I like the way the sky seems more intense and the atmosphere feels sharper. I love the way the sun sets in Autumn and the sunsets I get to watch on the way home from work. It's the way it makes things smell too, things seem mellow and woodsy, subtle yet smoky. It's the way you begin to see your breath in the mornings the more you move into Autumn, it's the sounds of children going back to school. It's the mentality of new pencil cases for new school years. And this little lot is just the start of why I love the Autumn so much.

I love to go for walks in the Autumn, especially on a Sunday, a walk through the Countryside to admire the scenery and scout around and look for natural objects which might be useful later in the season.

I love the way that the leafs turn into the most vibrant reds, golds and yellows and then gather on the ground, waiting to be scrunched in. It's the bonfires, the fireworks, the pumpkins, the thick and warming soups, scarfs, gloves and hat's, the late summer fruits and the promise of Christmas just round the corner.

I love the way that I want to make things, farmers harvest their crops and I begin to sew and harvest my crop. I love the Autumn fashion, goodbye to skimpy, floaty dresses and hello to tailoring and style. Purple leather handbags, patent black platforms, Rouge Noir or Blackberry nail polish.

I just love the Autumn, can't you tell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Autumn, too! Your description was just spot on! It made me remember everything that I'm looking forward to seeing in the coming months! Woohoo!!!!! Hope you're having a really fun weekend!
xox,
Linnea